Doctoral Consortium : Synchronized with RR DC
5th RuleML Doctoral Consortium
The RuleML 2015 Doctoral Consortium is an initiative of the International Web Rule Symposium (RuleML), to attract and promote Ph.D. research.
The doctoral symposium offers to students a close contact with leading experts on the field, as well as the opportunity to present and discuss their ideas in a dynamic and friendly setting.
The accepted Phd thesis descriptions will be presented to an interested audience and subject to discussion with a panel of senior researchers. This year the accepted Phd papers will be discussed by the author with senior researchers during the joint RuleML and RR Doctoral consortium mentoring lunch. The author is also expected to present her/his theses in the form of a poster, during the combined poster session.
Both the RuleML 2015 DC mentoring lunch and the poster session will take place on August the 4th 2015, jointly with the RR 2015 Doctoral Consortium.
We expect submissions on any (but not limited to) of this year's RuleML2015 topics. Students are invited to submit an original description of their work addressing the following aspects:
- A clear formulation of the research question.
- An identification of the significant problems in the field of research.
- An outline of the current knowledge of the problem domain, as well as the state of existing solutions.
- A presentation of any preliminary ideas, the proposed approach and the results achieved so far.
- A sketch of the applied research methodology.
- A description of the Ph.D. project's contribution to the problem solution.
- A discussion of how the suggested solution is different, new, or better as compared to existing approaches to the problem.
RuleML 2015 Doctoral Consortium Chairs
Doctoral Consortium dates:
|•||Paper Submission: (extended)
||June 1st, 2015|
|•||Author Notification||June 13th, 2015|
|•||Camera Ready Version||July 19th, 2015|
|•||Doctoral Consortium:||Aug 4, 2015|
Phd papers are limited to 8 pages in English using LNCS (http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html) format and submitted electronically in PDF format jointly with a maximum 5 page CV.
Please submit to EasyChair submission site.
If you have no EasyChair account, then you should sign up for an account at http://www.easychair.org
The RuleML 2015 Doctoral Consortium proceedings will be published as CEUR Proceedings, broadly listed, e.g. in DBLP and indexed by SCOPUS.
Student Travel support