Calls: Industry Track
Industry Track: Business Cases and Technologies for Rules in Industry: State of practice, Challenges and Opportunities
With the increased importance of big data for improving operational performance in all sectors of industry, the role of rule technologies has become ever more manifest (and even critical). Indeed, if Data assets have been recognized as the "new oil", then Rule technologies should be introduced for the most important processing steps in generating value from data. For example, event-condition rules enable the detection of an anomaly state in the process execution by processing huge streams of sensor data. However, not only the creation and execution of such rules, but also their maintenance and refinement require a systematic approach, provided usually through rule management methodologies and systems. On the other hand the industry is still not completely aware of the importance of such approaches for an efficient utilization of rules in the era of big data. Therefore, there is a need for industry to share, exploit, and learn about the use of rules and rule technologies for solving real life business problems. The proposed industry track aims to be a forum for all sectors of industry (and the corresponding public sectors) to address such needs.
Incentives for industry participation in this track include:
- Present own results / solutions for use of rule technologies in business settings
- Learn about new trends in rule technologies, and how they can be used to address business problems
- Exchange experiences about business cases and use of rules
- Compete for a RuleML award for best business case for use of rules technologies
Why at RuleML?
The International Web Rule Symposium (RuleML) has been a leading international conference on research, applications, languages and standards for rule technologies. During the past 8 years it has built bridges between academia and industry in the field of rules and its applications, especially as part of the semantic technology stack. See further details at http://2015.ruleml.org.
Industry Track Submissions
The track seeks two types of submissions in LNCS format:
- Extended abstracts of up to 2 pages
- Short papers of up to 8 pages
Irrespective of the type, the submissions must follow the following structure / template:
- Business case - explain the business case and the value proposition
- Technological challenges - explaining why the business case is difficult to be solved by using traditional technologies
- Rule-based solution - technical details, esp. the usage of rules
- Results - the benefits of the solution, including improvement of KPIs 5. Importance and impact - describe the importance of the solution for business/technology
The submissions will be peer-reviewed. Selected best industry papers will be published in the RuleML Springer LNCS Proceedings and all other accepted industry papers will be published in the RuleML CEUR proceedings.
Besides presenting their business case papers, authors of industry track papers, among others, will be invited to participate in a panel related to the use of rules and rule technologies in business cases.
Industry Track Deadlines
|•||Paper Submission: (extended)
||May 10, 2015|
|•||Author Notification (extended)
||May 21, 2015|
|•||Camera Ready||May 30, 2015|
|•||Industry Track dates:||2-5 Aug , 2015|